Having been unexpectedly blessed with 2 copies of Think by John Piper, I will be passing one of these books on to you.
To enter the giveaway, leave a comment stating why you would like this book. (U.S. addresses only due to postage.) The giveaway will be open until Wednesday, January 12, at which time a providential winner will be randomly picked.
Here is an excerpt from the introduction:
To enter the giveaway, leave a comment stating why you would like this book. (U.S. addresses only due to postage.) The giveaway will be open until Wednesday, January 12, at which time a providential winner will be randomly picked.
Here is an excerpt from the introduction:
This book is a plea to embrace serious thinking as a means of loving God and people. It is a plea to reject either-or- thinking when it comes to head and heart, thinking and feeling, reason and faith, theology and doxology, mental labor and ministry of love. It is a plea to see thinking as a necessary, God-ordained means of knowing God. Thinking is one of the important ways that we put the fuel of knowledge on the fires of worship and service to the world.
Therefore, the main reason God has given us minds is that we might seek out and find all the reasons that exist for treasuring him in all things and above all things.
...I hope that this book will rescue the victims of evangelical pragmatism, Pentecostal short-cuts, pietistic anti-intellectualism, pluralistic conviction aversion, academic gamesmanship, therapeutic Bible evasion, journalistic bite-sizing, musical mesmerizing, YouTube craving, and postmodern Jell-O juggling. In other words, I believe thinking is good for the church in every way.

How kind of you to host a giveaway! :) I'd like this book because Piper is one of my favorite authors. I just really like his style. And I've heard good reviews on this book.
ReplyDeleteI would love to receive a book like this, by God's providence, because there just isn't a good Christian bookstore in Kuwait...and I DO have a USA address (my daughter's). Thanksamillion!
ReplyDeleteafter reading your excerpt, i really want this book. it looks like it will be an interesting read and maybe the encouragement and conviction to think more, will help me when it comes to fighting my emotions that seek to control me. thanks for sharing your blessings with someone.
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I was just looking at this book in the Christion Book Club catalogue. I really like Piper and this book seems to be one that would be eye opening and convicting!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the giveaway chance! :D
Hooray! A giveaway! I actually don't need to enter the giveaway because someone who is currently reading the book promised to pass it on to me. I wanted to come on and root for everyone else! : )
ReplyDeleteBravo! :) Thank you, Persis, for hosting a giveaway. I would love to read this book, because I have read several reviews, and I know I will be benefited by it.
ReplyDeleteI do have a US address. ;)
Much love!
Persis,
ReplyDeleteAn excellent book to give away. Keep up the good work! (and reading)
You're so sweet Persis. What a great book but Don't enter me, I will be happy to sit back and see who wins this.
ReplyDeleteGood "luck"! ;)
What a great book! I've just recently started it and will probably read it twice or more.
ReplyDeleteI would like this book because I have been preaching and teaching for 30 years that believers need to be critical thinkers.
ReplyDeletePersis,
ReplyDeleteHow generous! I'm not entering (since we've already been blessed by a couple of your giveaways), but just wanted to echo what a wonderful book this is.
Would love to have this book as Piper is a favorite author for us.
ReplyDeleteHi Persis,
ReplyDeleteThis is my first time at your site, but I've indirectly met you through Becky Pliego's site:)
Would love to win Think, so count me in as a contender!
God bless,
-E
I would love to win this book. I think it would be very beneficial to my Christian life. I would love to win it and then pass it on to someone else to read unless it is one of those books that you just have to have in your library.
ReplyDeleteHi!
ReplyDeleteBlog hopped over from Tricia's A Multitude of Mercies. Would love to win this book simply because everything I have ever read of Piper has challenged me to my very core... and I haven't read this one.
Blessings,
~H
I highly respect John Piper and his ministry at Desiring God! I devour anything of his I can get my hands on and I have been wanting to read this one!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the opportunity!!
Awesome book! I reviewed it on my blog not too long ago: http://www.hankinsfamily.com/2010/12/book-review-think.html. If I were to win, I'd give a copy to a friend. ;) Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete