I'm thankful for:
Spring flowers. The azaleas have liked the cooler weather.
A robin's nest outside the window.
Tuesday night Bible study. We were very tired, a bit punchy, but the fellowship on Phil. 3:12-4:1 was very encouraging.
Unity of the spirit until we attain the unity of the faith.
Theology that leads to doxology.
These words by John Newton:
I am not what I ought to be — ah, how imperfect and deficient! I am not what I wish to be — I abhor what is evil, and I would cleave to what is good! I am not what I hope to be — soon, soon shall I put off mortality, and with mortality all sin and imperfection. Yet, though I am not what I ought to be, nor what I wish to be, nor what I hope to be, I can truly say, I am not what I once was; a slave to sin and Satan; and I can heartily join with the apostle, and acknowledge, "By the grace of God I am what I am."

I have liked the cooler weather, too. 80°+ in April is not my idea of Spring!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the Newton quote!
Love the Newton quote!
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely flowers!
ReplyDeleteI miss those azaleas. My grandmother's yard was full of them, and they were one of the first things I'd see when walking up to her door. And that quote by Newton--one of my favorites.
ReplyDeleteRejoicing with you, Persis, over God's blessings.
Great list and one of my favorite quotes!
ReplyDelete