Skip to main content

Thankful Thursday


I am thankful for:

- Sunshine and coffee to burn off the brain fog.

- Running into an old friend at Panera's this morning and being able to catch up on our families.

- Fellowship midweek with small group and ladies' book discussion. It is both refreshing and strengthening.

- Books that are willing to tackle difficult subjects, namely domestic abuse. I am firmly convinced that how things look on the outside is not enough. Behavioral change is not enough. Heart change must occur, and only the Holy Spirit can do that.

- Recent sermon series on the 10 commandments. I've been convicted of my lack of reverence and love for God. But this makes me even more thankful for a Savior who kept the law perfectly on my behalf and imputes His righteousness to my account.

- Good conversations with my daughter about the Sabbath. Christians have different views, and I am still working through mine. But I am thankful for the rest that only God can give in Christ.

Comments

  1. The Sabbath is something that I've been thinking about on and off for several years now. Thinking of devoting a reading quarter to study it next year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Civil and pertinent comments are appreciated. Trolling will be deleted. Thanks.