"Are we growing in maturity so our doctrine affects our life?"
This was from today's sermon on Hebrews 6:1-3. This was especially convicting because I love doctrine. I always didn't. In many ways, I was ignorant of what I believed and why I believed it so I feel like I am trying to make up for lost time. I also have a natural tendency to become a geek about anything I am interested in. If something grabs my interest, it is natural for me to find out as much about it as I can. That's fine for most things but it falls short when it comes to God. I have a stack of spiritual books I am reading but am I reading them so the Holy Spirit can use the truth to change me or is it purely academic because my latest "hobby" is reformed theology?
I don't want to be a reformed Christian geek in the sense of accumulation of knowledge for knowledge's sake alone. I don't want to treat the truth like a hobby. I want to be a believer who trembles at the Word and to be transformed by the Holy Spirit and the truth. Lord, may it be so.
This was from today's sermon on Hebrews 6:1-3. This was especially convicting because I love doctrine. I always didn't. In many ways, I was ignorant of what I believed and why I believed it so I feel like I am trying to make up for lost time. I also have a natural tendency to become a geek about anything I am interested in. If something grabs my interest, it is natural for me to find out as much about it as I can. That's fine for most things but it falls short when it comes to God. I have a stack of spiritual books I am reading but am I reading them so the Holy Spirit can use the truth to change me or is it purely academic because my latest "hobby" is reformed theology?
I don't want to be a reformed Christian geek in the sense of accumulation of knowledge for knowledge's sake alone. I don't want to treat the truth like a hobby. I want to be a believer who trembles at the Word and to be transformed by the Holy Spirit and the truth. Lord, may it be so.
Comments
Post a Comment
Civil and pertinent comments are appreciated. Trolling will be deleted. Thanks.