Yesterday, I posted a link to the Don't Waste Your Life Video.
I've watched it many times and it haunts me.
Probably because yesterday was the court hearing for the divorce.
In the video, there's a character who is living large with everything that money could buy and then some. This guy has "his best life now."
I couldn't help but think of my husband and weep for him. He is pursuing "his best life now" in his possesions and relationships but the path he is pursuing is a wasted life. But the waste is greater than the breakup of our marriage, the waste is when we treasure anything more than Jesus Christ, when we look for something to satisfy us when only He can.
But I was headed down the same road of a wasted life. It wasn't fancy cars, homes, or clothes. It was marriage and family - the American Dream of the Ideal Christian Homeschooling Family.
I believe God reached down in mercy and through this divorce is delivering me to find my all in Christ.
In the video, the guy who has it all is confronted and convicted.
I pray that for my husband.
I've watched it many times and it haunts me.
Probably because yesterday was the court hearing for the divorce.
In the video, there's a character who is living large with everything that money could buy and then some. This guy has "his best life now."
I couldn't help but think of my husband and weep for him. He is pursuing "his best life now" in his possesions and relationships but the path he is pursuing is a wasted life. But the waste is greater than the breakup of our marriage, the waste is when we treasure anything more than Jesus Christ, when we look for something to satisfy us when only He can.
But I was headed down the same road of a wasted life. It wasn't fancy cars, homes, or clothes. It was marriage and family - the American Dream of the Ideal Christian Homeschooling Family.
I believe God reached down in mercy and through this divorce is delivering me to find my all in Christ.
In the video, the guy who has it all is confronted and convicted.
I pray that for my husband.
O Christ, in Thee my soul hath found,
And found in Thee alone,
The peace, the joy I sought so long,
The bliss till now unknown.
Refrain:
Now none but Christ can satisfy,
None other name for me;
There's love, and life, and lasting joy,
Lord Jesus, found in Thee.
I sighed for rest and happiness,
I yearned for them, not Thee;
But while I passed my Saviour by,
His love laid hold on me.
I tried the broken cisterns, Lord,
But ah! the waters failed!
E'en as I stooped to drink they'd fled,
And mocked me as I wailed.
The pleasures lost I sadly mourned,
But never wept for Thee,
Till grace the sightless eyes received,
Thy loveliness to see.
And found in Thee alone,
The peace, the joy I sought so long,
The bliss till now unknown.
Refrain:
Now none but Christ can satisfy,
None other name for me;
There's love, and life, and lasting joy,
Lord Jesus, found in Thee.
I sighed for rest and happiness,
I yearned for them, not Thee;
But while I passed my Saviour by,
His love laid hold on me.
I tried the broken cisterns, Lord,
But ah! the waters failed!
E'en as I stooped to drink they'd fled,
And mocked me as I wailed.
The pleasures lost I sadly mourned,
But never wept for Thee,
Till grace the sightless eyes received,
Thy loveliness to see.
I don't know you, and you don't know me, but God used your words to answer a prayer I prayed earlier this evening. I KNOW that only He can satisfy, but I still find myself chasing after the American "Christian" dream. That's ironic, because it's not really "Christian" at all if I am looking for something else to satisfy what only Christ can. THANK YOU for sharing. God used you to help point me to Him tonight! I hope you continue to keep your eyes fixed on him.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad God could use this to encourage you. I appreciate your comment. (I only found it today as I usually don't go back to older posts.)
ReplyDelete