Skip to main content

Monday Facts

Fact: I must be true Baptist. I made my first green bean casserole on Friday.

Fact: Ack! I've had 2 senior moments this week.

Fact: Looking forward to getting past Indian summer. I shouldn't complain because upper 80's are better than upper 90's, but it felt too hot to cut the weeds grass this week-end.

Fact: I am an indifferent gardner. Probably because I don't like getting bitten by the mosquitos, and I dislike weeding. I had good intentions for the front bed in the spring but then the heat of summer arrived. I have good intentions to plant pansies now. We'll see if it becomes a reality.

Fact: I'll be leading a workshop this Saturday on The Organized Heart by Staci Eastin. Out of the mouth the heart speaks, and what's in our heart dictates how we order our lives. I'm praying this book and our discussion will help the women in our church in our rubber-meets-the-road sanctification.

Fact: I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing on 9/11/01. I didn't believe in God's absolute sovereignty at the time, even though I would have acknowledged the words. The result: incredible fear and uncertainty.

Fact: I believe very differently today.

Visit Larri at Seams Inspired, to join in the Monday Facts fun.

Comments

  1. I am not a gardner. I thank God for those who are. My desire is to move back into an apartment where all the weeding, watering, and grass-cutting is done by someone else!

    We also, are looking for cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first fact made me giggle. ☺
    I have absolutely no green thumb, and have no problem declaring that to all the neighbors who want to give me plants to 'pretty' up my yard.

    Praying your workshop speaks to the hearts of your church women.

    Loved your facts post! Thanks for linking up today! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fact - I'm working on growing me a green thumb and don't like mosquitoes either!
    Fact - I can't wait for you to share your workshop with the rest of us.
    Fact - I too have that day stamped on my brain.
    Fact - I too believe very differently now.
    Fact - I thank God for His grace and peace and you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....I'm sure you'll be a big blessing to those women as you teach, Persis. And, yes, I felt the same way you did on 9/11. What a difference an understanding of God's sovereignty makes.

    Only two senior moments this week. Please tell me your secret. I get at least a dozen a day. Just ask my dear children.

    Love and hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first "fact" made me laugh out loud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also remember that day all too well, I don't think I ever thought much about the sovereignty of the God at the time.
    That was then, now that fact is what helps me get through the difficult times.
    I am a gardener but the weather has not been good for gardens this year...hear some cool temps and rain is on the way

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Civil and pertinent comments are appreciated. Trolling will be deleted. Thanks.