Skip to main content

Links I like

I've had a couple of posts brewing in my brain but staying up late trying to unclog the bathroom sink (which is still clogged) hasn't led to clarity of mind.  So when you can't write, link!

This is the lesson I want my soon-to-be-adult daughter to learn.

A very interesting look at the modesty issue - Do Men Necessarily Lust? I agree with much of what the author has to say. (ht: Aimee Byrd)

Are you a scoffer?

This is next on the reading list once my copy (hooray for used books!) comes in the mail. We can either make too much of ourselves or denigrate God's creation by thinking too meanly of ourselves. I'm also interested in this issue because I wonder if this is a missing piece in discussions about gender. Thanks to Pastor Ryan for the recommendation.

I've been listening to Professor Jerram Barrs' lectures on 19th century women novelists. He discusses Jane Eyre, two novels by George Eliot, and three by Elizabeth Gaskell. I'm not a big Jane Eyre fan (too angst-y for me) but I'm interested in rereading it after hearing Barrs' take on the novel and its redemptive themes.

Here's a Spurgeon quote that I need to paste all over my house.

Adding another one that dovetails with Kim's post  - Sanctification is for Single People, Too.

Comments

  1. I started reading Jerram Barrs's book Through His Eyes, which is about women in the bible It was really good, but I had to put it down to finish something else. I hope to finish it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Civil and pertinent comments are appreciated. Trolling will be deleted. Thanks.