A few weeks ago, the washer would fill up and then stop. After much jiggling and knob turning, I managed to get the machine to complete the cycle. This happened off and on for a few days. To avoid a repair call, I searched the Internet for a possible home solution. Sure enough Youtube had a video describing my problem. The lid switch often separates over time so the little post on the lid does not activate the switch. The video suggested using a zip tie to bring the two halves of the switch together, which requires dismantling the machine. I wasn't prepared to do that, so perhaps another alternative would be to extend the post to fully depress the switch. I tried this with a screwdriver and it worked. But rather than sticking a screwdriver in the lid switch every time I did laundry, I tried something else - a rubber band and a picture hanger. The hanger was already squashed at one end, and I needed to pry the other side open with pliers.
Just wind the rubber band around the post and the picture hanger and voila!
Just wind the rubber band around the post and the picture hanger and voila!

Good for you!
ReplyDelete