Skip to main content

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for -

~ A beautiful sunrise to brighten the BJ's parking lot as I was filling the gas tank early this morning.

~ God's care in the little things. I picked up this lovely bolt or whatever it is in my right rear tire last week. I am thankful the tire didn't blow or develop a leak. I was able to get it to the mechanic (honest, reliable, and very nice which is another thing to be thankful for) where they were able to see me right away and patch the tire.


~ That Christians are discussing difficult issues. Mental illness, depression, and anxiety were not on my radar 20-30 years ago. Consequently people didn't talk about postpartum depression or being overwhelmed by anxious thoughts. We toughed it out as best as we could but with very little understanding of ourselves or from others. The interaction between body and soul is a marvel of creation, but those aspects of our lives have been marked by the fall. I'm thankful for Christian counselors, books on these subjects, and medication to help us navigate this broken world.

~ These snippets I have been meditating on since my church's Reformation 500 celebration:
   - God's Word never returns to Him void. Don't underestimate its power to change hearts and lives.
   - We pray in faith not because God is detached and we are trying to get Him involved, but because He has and is working in the lives of His people and in this world.
   - History is the out-working of God's purpose for His church and for His glory. Think of this when you read the news. Will God's purpose fail? NO!

~ These verses I memorized as a child. Truth never grows old.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8-9 (KJV)

Comments