I am thankful for:
~ Fall is finally here! I have un-raked leaves in the yard and the days are noticeably getting shorter, but there is something about the crispness in the air and the quality of the sunlight that is so nice after the heat and humidity of summer.
~ My daughter's school and God's providence in placing her there. She has great teachers, but I am thankful for more than their academic knowledge, which is impressive. They genuinely care for their students and go the extra mile, even helping to mend a broken shoe.
~ The testimony of other Christians who have had their eyes opened to the good news of the gospel. I was listening to a podcast where two pastors were sharing their testimonies and having trouble not getting teary-eyed because I could relate so well. Christians need the gospel too!
~ The sola fide debate has given me a reason to go back to the scriptures to see what they have to say about salvation. I am thankful that at the end of the day and at the end of life, it will be all of grace.
"Nothing in my hands I bring, simply to Thy cross I cling."
Photo credit: By OregonDOT (http://www.flickr.com/photos/oregondot/5147273004/) [CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Comments
Post a Comment
Civil and pertinent comments are appreciated. Trolling will be deleted. Thanks.