It's been a while since I have done one of these posts, and it is long overdue.
Tomorrow, Lord willing, my daughter will be defending her master's thesis in physics. This marks the end of one chapter and the beginning of the next as she will begin her PhD studies in the fall. Based on the number of pages written and the hours spent, she has earned this degree. But as proud as I am of her academic achievement, I am thankful for how the Lord has grown her in her faith and her humanity. He's done a lot of healing in her life and will continue to bring her on to greater wholeness, I believe. I'm also thankful for her professors who have been mentors and friends and for their encouragement that has been above and beyond the call of duty.
I'm thankful for the gift of prayer and being able to pray with the brothers and sisters in small group last night. Some good news was shared but also some very sad and heavy circumstances. We need one another for help, support, and encouragement to cling to God and His promises. Last night was a special example of that.
I'm thankful that God is greater than our physical and mental limitations. I'm specifically thinking of saints who suffer from dementia or Alzheimer's like my mom. I believe that the Holy Spirit can go deeper than their rational minds and that he can comfort them in the deep places of their souls where no human can reach. I'm thankful that His never leaving nor forsaking us doesn't depend on us nor our cognitive abilities.
I'm thankful for the goodness of God from the big things to the small things and everything in between. There are too many to count.

Comments
Post a Comment
Civil and pertinent comments are appreciated. Trolling will be deleted. Thanks.