Thanks for your prayers and thanks be to God. Our case is closed barring any unforeseen glitches. The judge was probably tired of seeing us in his courtroom again, so the lawyers were strongly encouraged to work out an agreement prior to the start of the hearing. That being the case, a compromise was negotiated, we agreed to the new terms, and we were out of the courtroom in less than an hour.
It is a huge relief to have this behind me. I felt as though every decision I made was under scrutiny particularly my desire to continue homeschooling my daughter. Her education and socialization were under question. Even the amount of time I put into her schooling, which should be increased, was trivialized. I was under pressure to put her in public school, private school, or send her to community college before she was ready for the sole purpose of getting me to work outside the home. If I had said that a critical reason to be at home and homeschool her was to train her in Biblical womanhood, that statement would have been met with total incomprehension. Thank God, that pressure is gone.
It will be a relief to have minimal dealings with my ex-. He is almost like a complete stranger now as there's very little resemblance to the man I thought I had married. But my heart is still heavy over the state of his soul. There's no sign of any repentance or remorse. My daughter and I pray daily for him for his own sake without any expectation of marital reconciliation. We may be finished with this court, but he will have to give an account to another Judge. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
I am looking forward to this new chapter the Lord has for us. He deserves all the praise and glory for His goodness and faithfulness. He brought us this far, and He will continue to take care of us.
It is a huge relief to have this behind me. I felt as though every decision I made was under scrutiny particularly my desire to continue homeschooling my daughter. Her education and socialization were under question. Even the amount of time I put into her schooling, which should be increased, was trivialized. I was under pressure to put her in public school, private school, or send her to community college before she was ready for the sole purpose of getting me to work outside the home. If I had said that a critical reason to be at home and homeschool her was to train her in Biblical womanhood, that statement would have been met with total incomprehension. Thank God, that pressure is gone.
It will be a relief to have minimal dealings with my ex-. He is almost like a complete stranger now as there's very little resemblance to the man I thought I had married. But my heart is still heavy over the state of his soul. There's no sign of any repentance or remorse. My daughter and I pray daily for him for his own sake without any expectation of marital reconciliation. We may be finished with this court, but he will have to give an account to another Judge. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
I am looking forward to this new chapter the Lord has for us. He deserves all the praise and glory for His goodness and faithfulness. He brought us this far, and He will continue to take care of us.
Lord bless you, Pilgrim Mommy.
ReplyDeleteI rejoice with you over the turn of events. He has been faithful to you!
May His favor and His mercy be upon you!
I am praising God for this burden that has been somewhat lifted from your shoulders. May your daughter continue to benefit from the godly teaching you are providing for her!
ReplyDeleteRejoicing with you dear sister in this bittersweet milestone. God will care for you and your daughter as one who is widowed and orphaned.
ReplyDeleteMy mother was completely abandoned by my father far from her home and with 3 children when I was born. God took care of us and we were not even Christians yet. How much more will He bless your faithfullness to Him.
With much love and prayer!
trusting God to take care of you.
ReplyDelete