Skip to main content

Surprises in the garden

It's interesting to see what plants are growing in the garden. Sometimes it's hard to know if it is a weed, volunteer, or intentionally planted by the previous owner. There was a large-leafed vine that I could not identify. I waited to see if it would produce flowers or fruit, but it produced neither. It was beginning to creep over the fence into my neighbor's yard, so it was time to say good-bye to the mystery vine. I still don't know what it is, but at least it wasn't kudzu.

Here are a few more surprises:

Mystery plant #2. The flowers resemble tiny rosebuds, and the stems are slightly thorny.



Comments

  1. Oddly, I have one plant that pops up here and there. It has a lovely foliage and so I wondered if it were a flower. But it never blooms, except some tiny little bud that produces seed...hence I see it here and there. Nowadays I've given up on it and hoe it out every time I run across it. But I still wonder what it is. *smile*
    Love your day lilies! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers. I don't know what the top one is - sure looks like a rose. The middle day lily I think is Oriental.

    Have a wonderful 4th of July Pilgrim Mommy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Civil and pertinent comments are appreciated. Trolling will be deleted. Thanks.