A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation. Psalm 68:5 (KJV)
I have returned again and again to this verse over the last three years. It's been a great comfort to me in my widowhood of divorce. I've read this with tears of anguish, not knowing if I could believe this promise, and with tears of joy. Thank God His faithfulness is not diminished by my unbelief.
This verse comes to mind again because I go back to court for the 4th time tomorrow morning. An earthly advocate will present my case to an earthly judge. I will admit that I am a little stressed, mainly because I would like this to be over so we can go on with our lives. I don't know how the judge will rule, but I need to remind myself that my life, my daughter's life, and our provision is in Someone else's hands. I have an Advocate in Heaven who pleads my case with His own blood before the ultimate Judge of mankind - a righteous, holy, and loving judge who is a Father to the fatherless and protector of the widow.
I have returned again and again to this verse over the last three years. It's been a great comfort to me in my widowhood of divorce. I've read this with tears of anguish, not knowing if I could believe this promise, and with tears of joy. Thank God His faithfulness is not diminished by my unbelief.
This verse comes to mind again because I go back to court for the 4th time tomorrow morning. An earthly advocate will present my case to an earthly judge. I will admit that I am a little stressed, mainly because I would like this to be over so we can go on with our lives. I don't know how the judge will rule, but I need to remind myself that my life, my daughter's life, and our provision is in Someone else's hands. I have an Advocate in Heaven who pleads my case with His own blood before the ultimate Judge of mankind - a righteous, holy, and loving judge who is a Father to the fatherless and protector of the widow.
I will keep you in my prayers, dear sister!
ReplyDeletePraying for you.
ReplyDeleteMy prayers are with you!
ReplyDelete