Skip to main content

His eye is on the sparrow (and the klutz)

My afternoon did not go as planned.

As I was headed to the car, my heel slipped off the walkway in front of the house. I lost my balance and down I went.  I broke my fall with my right hand, but fell sideways banging my glasses and shoulder.   I went back inside to check the damage and wash the cuts on my hand and eyebrow.  Since I know enough medical information to be dangerous and having transcribed enough head injuries, I contacted the plastic surgery practice and asked if a nurse could take a look at my scratches.

The drive was uneventful until I exited the highway.  The traffic was at a standstill.  All 3 lanes as well as the on-ramp to the highway were blocked due to a multi-vehicle accident just half a block down the road.  Eventually, the police allowed traffic to proceed after 45 minutes of waiting with varying degrees of patience from my fellow motorists.  Once at the practice, one of the surgeons made sure I didn't crack any bones and gave me a clean bill of health.

Given the timing, if I didn't take my tumble, would I have been involved in that accident?  Only the Lord knows the answer to that question, but sometimes you wonder about these things.  Either way, He preserved me from what could have been a nasty fall.  My glasses, though a little off kilter, weren't damaged or scratched, which is God's mercy because I would be up a creek without a paddle without them.  If I hadn't been wearing them, the impact that bent the frame would have been felt by my head.

So my little adventure this afternoon was a good reminder of divine sovereignty even over the little circumstances of my life. He ordains the rise and fall of nations and even my own falling and rising, literally.  I'm glad He is sovereign and merciful even when I am a klutz.

Comments

  1. Thanking God with you for his care for you, Persis! I'm glad no bones--or glasses--were broken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Persis,
    So glad you're ok! Praising God with you for His care over us, and your post title sure made me laugh.:) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God's protection and provision can take some interesting turns, can't it! I'm so thankful that you are okay, Persis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sovereignty in all things! So glad you're okay:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't it be something to muse about if your "angel" pushed you down in order to keep you from a car crash? It does amaze me how little things like misplaced keys, unexpected phone call, delay by a nosy-gossipy neighbor, or a fall could be God's idea of protection when we are so high and mighty in a hurry to do what we think needs doing? Praise God it wasn't more than bumps and bruises, bit scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless you Persis-isn't it wonderful that underneath are the Everlasting Arms-and so much more when one has a fall like that! I am so glad you are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you are okay! I often wondered about things like that too (being saved from the crash). I'm always amazed the creator of everything cares for us so! Oh, and nice title - it made me giggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. O my, I'm so glad you're okay, and I'm so glad that you've shared this incidence with us. In regard to the Lord's governing providence, John Newton said: "Often what we call disappointments, are really mercies from Him to save us from harm!" I read that somewhere today but can't recall where. Love and blessings, and glory to God!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love stories with a happy ending.
    Love you Persis!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you did not break your wrist, considering you broke your fall with your hand. Praise God for your safety!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your comments and concern. I am alive and well. Work has been crazy this week, hence the lack of posting. Hope to have something later today, God willing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Civil and pertinent comments are appreciated. Trolling will be deleted. Thanks.