We had the privilege of taking a meal to a family last evening. Pastor Taylor has been suffering from renal cancer and is now under hospice care. When we arrived, his dear wife invited us in and hugged us. Lying in a hospital bed in the living room, Charlie greeted us and thanked us for coming. He apologized that his hearing was not as good nor his voice as strong. He cheerfully asked us how we were and chatted about various subjects.
Joy shone in his face as he praised God for His goodness. It was hard to keep back the tears when Charlie said, "I have no complaints. God has blessed me in every possible way, every possible way!"
May we glorify the Lord like this dear brother when it's our turn to tread the verge of Jordan.
Joy shone in his face as he praised God for His goodness. It was hard to keep back the tears when Charlie said, "I have no complaints. God has blessed me in every possible way, every possible way!"
May we glorify the Lord like this dear brother when it's our turn to tread the verge of Jordan.
Great testimony. Thanks for sharing this. It is always good to be reminded that regardless of my circumstances I have no complaints and God has been good to me.
ReplyDelete"...when it's our turn to tread the verge of Jordan."
ReplyDeleteAnd we will. Each one of us will take that step. It is good to observe the faithful as they do so for it will give us courage when it is our turn. Hubby and I are close. Not as close as Pastor Taylor. But close.
I'm fighting back tears now. How amazing is the evidence of God's grace and strength when we meet it so gloriously alive in others! How encouraging this post is to me, as I hope it is to all who read it! God bless Charlie and you!
ReplyDeletewow. this is the joy and the peace that the world can never know. praying for charlie. may the grace of God cover him.
ReplyDelete