My friend Trisha posted that some may think "gratitude lists are born from perky people with perfect lives. How untrue!" I give her words a big AMEN! So like her, I want to disabuse that notion.
The reason why I post this weekly list is to deliberately remind myself what I owe to God whether it's big or small. Why? Because I owe Him everything.
The fact that I am breathing, my heart is beating, my brain is functioning properly so instructions can flow to my fingers to type these words are all gifts from God. Every possession and every relationship is because of His goodness. Every circumstance, whether good or bad by my estimation, is ordained in love, so I will be transformed to be more like Jesus.
So for this week, I'm thankful that although I once was spiritually dead as dead can be, He has made me alive in Christ. And this changes everything!
The reason why I post this weekly list is to deliberately remind myself what I owe to God whether it's big or small. Why? Because I owe Him everything.
The fact that I am breathing, my heart is beating, my brain is functioning properly so instructions can flow to my fingers to type these words are all gifts from God. Every possession and every relationship is because of His goodness. Every circumstance, whether good or bad by my estimation, is ordained in love, so I will be transformed to be more like Jesus.
So for this week, I'm thankful that although I once was spiritually dead as dead can be, He has made me alive in Christ. And this changes everything!
And Amen to you, too, Persis! I'm amazed that I can so quickly settle into a grumbling spirit even though God has redeemed me and "made me alive in Christ." But, as I tell my children, if they're busy praising Him, then there's no time left for murmuring. Oh, for more grace!!
ReplyDeleteYes, we owe Him everything.
I'm adding my "Amen!" to both of yours!
ReplyDeleteAmen to this Persis!
ReplyDeleteAll to him we owe!
So true, Persis! Your last gratitude is the grandest, and yes, how it changes everything! Blessings, friend!
ReplyDeleteAdding a big AMEN to both of you. Keep the lists coming
ReplyDeleteSo true!
ReplyDeleteGiving thanks to Him is a way of reminding ourselves that our lives are imperfect, and that if it were not for His mercies we would be in a pit of desperation, without hope!
I thank my God for you today!
Hugs!