“I waited patiently for the Lord: and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And He has put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.”
Psalm 40:1-3.
[T]he Lord may send you, His dear child, a very heavy sorrow. You may fall into the horrible pit
and see no light, no comfort, and no one may be able to cheer you or help you. Some that have a touch of despondency in their nature have been brought so low as almost to despair of life. They have sat in
darkness and seen no light, they have felt the walls of their prison and have not discovered a crack or
cranny through which escape was possible, they have looked up, and even then they have seen nothing
to console them. Ah, well, here is a word I commend to you—the Savior says it, “He brought Me up.”
The Lord God can and will bring up His troubled ones. You will have to write in your diary one of these
days, “He brought me up.” I was in the dark, I was in the dungeon, but “He brought me up.” I can personally
say this with gladsome gratitude, for “He has brought me up,” again and again. My heart is glad
as I reflect upon my past deliverances. I have often wondered why I am so often shut up in prison, and
bound as with fetters of steel. But I cease to wonder when I think of the many among you who are called
to wear the same bonds. This is my portion, that I may be a witness-bearer for my God, and that I may
be able to speak to the experiences of God’s tempted people, and tell how graciously the Lord delivers
His servants who trust in Him. Faith shall never be shamed or confounded, world without end. God can
and will hasten to the rescue of the faithful. I set to my seal also that “He brought me up,” and beloved
brothers and sisters in tribulation, He will bring you up. Only rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for
Him.
Photo credit: By Bartosz Kosiorek [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html), CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/) or CC BY-SA 2.5 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5)], via Wikimedia Commons
Comments
Post a Comment
Civil and pertinent comments are appreciated. Trolling will be deleted. Thanks.