Skip to main content

Right brain/wrong brain

I have been in a bit of a tizzy today. God willing, we may have a signed contract on our house by the end of the week-end.

Yesterday evening an agent showed the house. We were going to small group anyway, so the timing worked out. There was plenty of time to clean the house and stage it for showing. I even tidied the flower bed by the driveway. It was pitiful looking. I don't like cannas, and they look like seaweed after the stalks have been left to decay all winter. Not the sight you want greeting potential buyers - "Ooh look at the lovely dead vegetation!"

We were gone all evening and thought nothing of the showing. This morning my realtor emailed and asked if my daughter and I were inconvenienced by being kept from home since the potential buyers and their realtor were here for over 2 hours. (I take this as the hand of Providence. It was no coincidence that we were gone all evening, so they could take as long as they liked looking at the house.) They submitted a contract today. There are few details that need to be negotiated, but it looks promising.

The buyers would like to close the end of April.

We also still don't know where we're going to move.

Therefore, one half of my brain is saying, "AAAAAAAAAACK!" [imagine appropriate panicky inflection to scream]

The other half is calmly saying, "It will be so exciting to see what God will do next."

I confessed this to my daughter who wisely said to me,

"You need to listen to the right side of your brain, not the wrong side."

This is a great opportunity to put into practice all that I have read by Dr. Lloyd-Jones. Yes my brain is, at this very minute, cataloging a list a mile long of things that need to get done, but I remembered the words of the good doctor.

This is my situation but:

God!
The Lord Jesus Christ!
The whole of my salvation!
God is sovereign.
God is merciful that we even have a fair contract in this depressed market.
God is smarter, more organized, more detailed and meticulous than I can even fathom. I can go to Him for wisdom, not rely on myself.
God delights to prove Himself strong on behalf of those who put their trust in Him.
Your Heavenly Father knows what you need and where you need to live.

With that in my mind, I tell myself, "Soul, listen up! Why are you cast down, anxious, and worried? Hope in God! Trust Him! He is faithful. He has always been faithful and He won't stop being faithful now!"

Comments

  1. It will work Out! Praise the Lord though, that you have an answered prayer. There are a few houses for sale over in our neck of the woods, although I know you are looking into the Newport News area. We will continue to pray. Mercy and Peace to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord! Glad your house sold. I can't wait for the market to come back in our area (if it ever will) so we can sell this place.

    Moves are always exciting for us. Your daughter is right, listen to the right side of your brain!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Civil and pertinent comments are appreciated. Trolling will be deleted. Thanks.