A dear friend told me that she didn't expect our house to sell until our next home would be available. This house wasn't even on our list of potential homes. We looked at the house next door, which is also for sale, and noticed that this one was vacant. I liked it from the moment we walked through the door. Coincidentally or rather providentially, my realtor and the seller's agent go to the same church. The previous owner was a member of that same Baptist church. It's a small world. It's also nice knowing that we may be living in the home of a sister in Christ.
Our home inspection went remarkably well. Given our house is over 70 years old and in need of a little TLC, they could have requested a whole slew of repairs to be made. Their list was quite small and very reasonable. We have an inspection on our "new" home tomorrow.
I did have a panic attack on Sunday night when I considered all that needed to be done. I had a good cry, confessed my sin of unbelief to my daughter, and prayed. My friend suggested that I pack a minimum of 5 boxes every day rather than thinking "I must pack the entire house right now!" So as you can see from the picture, I have a lot of empty boxes to fill. I just need to keep trusting and praying and take it one box at a time.
I am very aware of God's hand in this. How else could this fall into place so easily and so quickly? But after several years of bitter providences, it is easy to default to the frowning providence and not look for the smiling Face. So rather than remain in my expect-the-worst mode, I want to rejoice in our Heavenly Father's incredible provision for us. He has been so good to us, and He always is good whatever happens.
Praise God for His tender mercies! I am glad things are "looking up" for you. God never fails...He can't!
ReplyDelete