I'm posting at Out of the Ordinary today.
"This was also the first time I said goodbye to my parents wondering how many more times I would be able to see them in this life., and it hit me hard.
As we were driving home, I grieved for my parents. Dementia is so cruel because it robs a person from the inside out, and it inflicts such loss, not just on the sufferer but on the surrounding family too. But as I was praying, I asked myself - is this life and its eventual deterioration all my parents have to look forward to? And as I asked the Lord to comfort us, the first question of the Heidelberg Catechism came to mind: What is your only comfort in life and in death?"
Read the rest here.
"This was also the first time I said goodbye to my parents wondering how many more times I would be able to see them in this life., and it hit me hard.
As we were driving home, I grieved for my parents. Dementia is so cruel because it robs a person from the inside out, and it inflicts such loss, not just on the sufferer but on the surrounding family too. But as I was praying, I asked myself - is this life and its eventual deterioration all my parents have to look forward to? And as I asked the Lord to comfort us, the first question of the Heidelberg Catechism came to mind: What is your only comfort in life and in death?"
Read the rest here.
Comments
Post a Comment
Civil and pertinent comments are appreciated. Trolling will be deleted. Thanks.