Skip to main content

From the Gadsby Hymnal

The God I trust is true and just;
His mercy has no end;
HImself has said my ransom's paid,
And I on Him depend.

Then why so sad, my soul? though bad,
Thou hast a Friend that's good;
He brought thee dear (abandon fear);
He bought thee with His blood.

So rich a cost can ne'er be lost,
Though faith be tried by fire;
Keep Christ in view; let God be true;
And every man a liar.

Joseph Hart (1712-1768)

Comments

  1. "...Though faith be tried by fire." Is this hymn your title song?

    I had never heard of the Gadsby Hymnal, but I love the hymns you post each Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this hymn yesterday. The last verse fits perfectly with my blog verse.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Civil and pertinent comments are appreciated. Trolling will be deleted. Thanks.