I'm thankful for a cup of tea on a damp morning. It's very soothing on a drizzly day. I'm glad I raked the leaves yesterday even though a new batch has fallen to the ground with the wind and rain. Perhaps I will tackle them tomorrow if they've dried off by then.
I'm so thankful that I am not shopping today! It's not worth the hassle or the crowds. Since we're celebrating the Incarnation after many years of not doing so, my daughter and I decided to give to others rather than each other. (Such as here and here.)
I have to venture out to take care of Gracie, the chinchilla, but the rest of the day I can be at home. I need to do some typing for my job, and then I can crank out more words for my NaNoWriMo novel. Just 12,770 words by the end of Tuesday and then it's done!
I'm so thankful that I am not shopping today! It's not worth the hassle or the crowds. Since we're celebrating the Incarnation after many years of not doing so, my daughter and I decided to give to others rather than each other. (Such as here and here.)
I have to venture out to take care of Gracie, the chinchilla, but the rest of the day I can be at home. I need to do some typing for my job, and then I can crank out more words for my NaNoWriMo novel. Just 12,770 words by the end of Tuesday and then it's done!
JUST 12,770 words by Tuesday? Oh my.
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed!
It sounds like a wonderful day, Persis! I love tea on a drizzly day. I would like to have seen your leaves! I'd love for our children to know what it's like to jump in a big pile (and work hard at raking them. :) May your celebration of Christmas be such a blessing to you both and to the others you're blessing.
ReplyDeleteThere is no way I am going out on any of those so called sales. I got up leisurely this morning (after taking Fi Fi out) and have spent the day thus far reading about the life of the apostle Paul.
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful websites for giving Persis! Orphans and poor pastors - both dear to my heart too sister.
ReplyDelete