Last night we sat around a fire pit in our pastor's front yard with folks from the church. It was a beautiful fall evening, crisp but not too cold. We made s'mores with homemade marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate. We talked, laughed, and sang. We strolled down praise chorus memory lane including a few oldies from the 70's. Anyone remember "Pass it on"?It's such a blessing to be together whether around the Lord's table, studying the Word together, or circling a campfire. I am very thankful for my brothers and sisters.
That sounds really nice. Your blessed to have such a great church family.
ReplyDeletePersis,
ReplyDeleteThis is encouraging. Such community and fellowship you have. God is teaching me much about that, and I long for the same in our own church body.
Oh yes, I remember Pass It On. We sang this with our pastor just the other night as we were all laughing and reminiscing about the 70's praise music. And how about the Arky Arky song?
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessed thing to look back and see God's faithfullnes to us over the years.
Thanks for this heart warming reminder Persis!
I remember “Pass it on”, the perfect song in front of a fire. That’s great. Glad you had such a wonderful time with brothers and sisters.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds absolutely lovely Persis! I too have been tasted the goodness of God by way of His people and it is most certainly a blessing!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!