Skip to main content

A month of thanksgiving #19

I'm thankful that we can homeschool. This was something we had decided even before my daughter was born, so we have been doing this from day 1.  Unfortunately homeschooling was a point of dispute during the divorce. However, God intervened on our behalf, so I am aware that this is a blessing not to be taken for granted.

I am thankful that homeschooling enables us to deal with issues of personal discipline and character as well as academics.  Sometimes there is pressure to prove that you can provide as good an education as any public school.  But in the long run, who my daughter is as a person and a Christian is more important than an SAT score or acceptance at an Ivy league school.  

Comments

  1. Amen, Persis.

    I couldn't agree with you more. Christian character transcends any so called achievement that the world has decided is a measure of success.

    Have a beautiful weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for homeschool too! You are right, there are some things that are absolutely important that can only be dealt with at home.

    Blessings on your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for the same thing; I just worry about math over a first grade level!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, what a gift we have in teaching our children! What a blessing that God preserved that for you even though challenged in the divorce. I know you are so thankful, Persis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so thankful I've been able to homeschool, too. And you are so right that dealing with character is SO important and is an even greater issue in education than academics. God has used homeschooling to work on MY character just as much as my kids. He's awesome like that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Civil and pertinent comments are appreciated. Trolling will be deleted. Thanks.