I'm thankful for God's provision through my job. As a single, homeschooling mom, I needed to find a way to provide for our family. I have a graduate degree in Computer Science and worked prior to my daughter's birth as a developer/database administrator, but I quit my job when she was born. But the computer industry didn't stop with me. It has continued to grow and change to the point where my skills were as good as obsolete. Any hope of finding a computer-related job was pretty slim. Plus I was committed to homeschool my daughter which would entail working from home.
God mercifully provided through a friend who is the manager of a large and very successful plastic surgery practice. They needed a transcriptionist for one of their doctors, and she offered me the job even though I had no experience. I took the job and have been typing for them for the last 3-1/2 years.
Today is one of my busier work days because I have less turn around time to complete my dictation. But even though I will be spending most of the day typing away, I am so thankful my job. I have been able to continue to homeschool since the work is completely home-based. Also the Lord has increased my work load at exactly the right time we needed the additional provision.
Our Heavenly Father has been mindful of what we need, and I praise Him.
God mercifully provided through a friend who is the manager of a large and very successful plastic surgery practice. They needed a transcriptionist for one of their doctors, and she offered me the job even though I had no experience. I took the job and have been typing for them for the last 3-1/2 years.
Today is one of my busier work days because I have less turn around time to complete my dictation. But even though I will be spending most of the day typing away, I am so thankful my job. I have been able to continue to homeschool since the work is completely home-based. Also the Lord has increased my work load at exactly the right time we needed the additional provision.
Our Heavenly Father has been mindful of what we need, and I praise Him.
FYI..working around writing best selling theology books (!) I myself work for a plastic surgeon as well.
ReplyDeleteJust wondering what kind of envelope Jon's going to put your shofar in...??
Jeff:
ReplyDeleteLegal-sized?
Although I am convinced more than ever to never undergo elective cosmetic surgery, I am impressed with what these surgeons can do for reconstruction.
That is such a blessing!
ReplyDeleteI rejoice with you!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, my dear friend.
Persis,
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful testimony of God's provision! Praising God with you, friend. :)
Persis, Thanking God with you for giving you a job that meets your needs.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!