This week's list:
The simple, ordinary things of life - like a mug of hot tea and bananas in my cereal.
My 17-year-old car. It needs a little paint touchup, but it's still reliable and runs well. I'm also thankful for a new set of tires.
Finishing a sewing project last night - covering glider/rocker cushions for a soon-to-be mom. I'm relieved that I finished it before the baby arrives.
Time to ponder Sunday's sermon.
The privilege of praying for others near and far. Facebook and the Internet can be a time hog, but it can be used for good as an avenue of sharing prayer needs.
Small group tonight. We've had great rubber-meets-the road discussions about the book of James. I'm looking forward to the fellowship.
The simple, ordinary things of life - like a mug of hot tea and bananas in my cereal.
My 17-year-old car. It needs a little paint touchup, but it's still reliable and runs well. I'm also thankful for a new set of tires.
Finishing a sewing project last night - covering glider/rocker cushions for a soon-to-be mom. I'm relieved that I finished it before the baby arrives.
Time to ponder Sunday's sermon.
The privilege of praying for others near and far. Facebook and the Internet can be a time hog, but it can be used for good as an avenue of sharing prayer needs.
Small group tonight. We've had great rubber-meets-the road discussions about the book of James. I'm looking forward to the fellowship.
What a wonderful list - especially the privilege of praying for others near and far. From Facebook friends to blog friends, its been such a blessing to me to get to "know" some of my sisters in Christ who I might not have otherwise met this side of heaven, and to be able to pray with them for their needs.
ReplyDeleteThere was a time in my life when I was driving an old rusty hulk of an auto...but it started faithfully each morning and drove amazingly, rust and all! I loved that I had no car payments during those years of necessary frugality.
ReplyDelete17 years....that's awesome, Persis! My husband's 7 year old car is nearing 300,000 miles since he travels so far to work each day. We're thankful it's made it this far.
ReplyDeleteEvery morning I'm thankful for hot tea!
And thank you for praying for me.
Rejoicing with you for the daily benefits God pours out upon us.
Love you!
I am grateful for friends who pursue contentment. It is an encouragement to grow together in Christ.
ReplyDeleteThanking God with you today for the little things.
I am convinced focusing on what we have to be thankful for increases our contentment.
ReplyDeleteWe also have a 17 year old car, has over 250,000 miles on it but has been reliable, it's my husbands daily driver
Ah, another tea lover! But the privilege of praying for sisters and brothers far and near, that really resonates for me, Persis.
ReplyDeleteGreat list, Persis! 17 years, wow, that is something to celebrate! Most people have a hard time keeping a spouse that long, let alone a car! Can't wait to see your finished sewing product. Blessings!
ReplyDelete