Skip to main content

Thrashing


The definition of thrashing:

In a virtual memory system, it is the excessive swapping of pages of data between memory and the hard disk, causing the application to respond more slowly.

The term may also be used to refer to any situation in which multiple processes are competing for the same resource, and the excessive swapping back and forth between connections causes a slowdown.

(Taken from Computer Desktop Encyclopedia)

I feel like my life has been in a state of thrashing. So many things have been going on that all my energy seems to be occupied swapping one task for the other in a less than efficient way. It has been a busy month with homeschooling, administering the Iowa tests to my daughter, working part-time, more church related activities, a sick guinea pig who needed multiple visits to the vet, dealing with legal matters related to the divorce, and just normal everyday life.

On the one hand it seems as though my activities have accelerated. At the same time I am thankful that I can home school, that I can work from home, that I am getting to know my brothers and sisters more at the church.

I miss having the time to read and my books are languishing. I probably need to restart some of them again so I can remember what I read before. But if this is the way life is now, I need to take the grace and go forward, busyness and all.

Comments