Skip to main content

Monday Facts - Reformation Day and other miscellany

Fact:  Happy Reformation Day!

ht: Justin Taylor

Fact: The Women of the Reformation series starts today. Be sure to check it out!

Fact: Yesterday was quite full with Sunday school and worship in the morning. We did Zumba for 2 hours in the afternoon to raise money for breast cancer research. The evening ended with a church fellowship at our pastor's house including hot dogs, 'smores, and singing around the fire pit. In honor of reformation day, we sang A Mighty Fortress is our God.

Fact: We had a great time at the costume party this past Saturday. The Queen of Hearts' tart was beautiful and delicious. But you can't go wrong with Nutella and mascarpone mousse. I must  get that recipe as well as her pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.

Fact: The elves have discovered a new substance called polyester with which to make their cloaks. It's a derivative from Treebeard's ancestors and the long dead trees of Fangorn.

Mr. Underhill

Fact: It takes one skein of fun fur to knit a pair of hobbit feet.

Fact: Jane Austen did not wear nerd glasses.  The gown was made with this pattern.

ht: Erika

Fact: Almost anything is better with bacon. We brought Isengard Pantry Plunder to the party (also known as a cheese ball.) I thought it would have been neat to mold the cheese into an eye-shape, cover it with chopped red pepper, and add black olives for the pupil. Then you'd have the Eye of Mordor appetizer. Another option was to call it Bacon-encrusted Palantir. If you gaze into it while you eat it, you will see yourself gain 10 pounds. I used this recipe, but used half of the ranch dressing and omitted the nuts. I added crumbled bacon to the cheese mixture and rolled the cheese ball in bacon. 


Have a blessed Monday! Visit Larri at Seams Inspired, to join in the Monday Facts fun.

Comments

  1. Great facts. Happy Reformation Day to you! Great pics, seems like a very fun party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super entertaining fact's list. I love your humor and your Jane Austen outfit! I do hope you'll get those recipes, especially the Nutella and mascarpone mousse, and share it, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun fact list - I love the costumes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great facts and photos. The costumes are fabulous and the food looks delish. ☺ Did you knit or crochet the hobbit feet? Wouldn't they make fun slippers?

    Thanks for linking up and playing. Happy Monday! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you were able to snag the picture! I really enjoyed both of your costumes and of course the cheese ball with BACON! Ha!

    Glad to see you made it out of the two hour long Zumba class! What a workout, I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "The elves have discovered a new substance called polyester with which to make their cloaks. It's a derivative from Treebeard's ancestors and the long dead trees of Fangorn."

    Hahahahahahahaha!!!! :D

    Great costumes. I'll wager nobody ventured to dress like Shelob, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work on the costumes, Persis!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Civil and pertinent comments are appreciated. Trolling will be deleted. Thanks.