Skip to main content

Nonscents - a repost

We just came home from a Scentsy party. It was a very fragrant time, and now my nose is full of different smells. This reminded me of an old post I wrote after attending a candle party, and here it is.

I went to a candle party on Saturday. This is one of those Tupperware-like product parties where someone opens their home to a salesperson to showcase their wares.

Fragrance is a highly personal thing. One scent may appeal to one person but be disliked by someone else, so to accommodate those varied tastes, there were at least 100 different candle scents. There were fragrance lines that were devoted to a particular type of food such as coffee or baked goods. There were floral scents, seasonal scents, fruity scents, you name it.

As I was thinking of all those candle scents, I began to think of some fragrance lines that you would never see in a candle.

The Butcher Shop: T-bone Steak, Costco Rotisserie Chicken, Crisp Morning Bacon.

The Fishmonger: Shrimp Scampi, Calamari with Marinara, Lobster Tail with Butter, Tuna Fish Salad.

(Of note, the Butcher Shop and Fishmonger candles would not be recommended if you have dogs or cats.)

The Greengrocer: Brussels Sprouts, Freshly Chopped Onion, Garlic Press, Collards with Fatback.

Righteous Vegan: Tofu, Edamame Bean, Bulgur and Quinoa Medley (which are essentially fragrance free).

And for the piece de resistance...

Light at Your Own RiskDurian

(I have eaten frozen and freeze dried durian. Even in that form, something smelled a little off. My parents told me that in Singapore it is against the law to bring durian into a hotel. They had to eat it in the parking lot.)

Comments

  1. This is weird...but for the bacon lovers out there: Bacon candles and Air fresheners....

    http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=bacon+scented+candle&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=6066970267&ref=pd_sl_5fx3nnksts_b

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was written before the bacon craze. I think there's even bacon scented soap and bacon flavored diet-coke. :{

    ReplyDelete
  3. Persis,
    I love your sense of humor! We joke about cow-pie scented candles around here.....:) I think they would be a big seller in our area!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Civil and pertinent comments are appreciated. Trolling will be deleted. Thanks.