It's been a busy week, so I will cheat and link to posts I liked:
Misquoting Francis of Assisi, who never said "Preach the gospel at all times, use words if necessary."
The Gospel Coalition Women's Conference media is available. I've listened to Nancy Guthrie's workshop on word-based ministry for women and the panel discussion on training women to teach the word. Excellent so far.
Parents and Children: Don't Drop the Baton by Chris Brauns. "Christian parents: it’s not enough to learn a lesson in life. We need to leave a legacy with our children."
50 Shades of the Curse by Wendy Alsup at Practical Theology for Women. "After 3 waves of feminism, countless laws, and much education, there remain millions of women who'd run after the sulky vampire in their fantasies, choosing to suck blood for the rest of their lives rather than living in the light." A interesting look at why women gravitate towards books based on the lie that the love of a good woman can change a bad man.
Misquoting Francis of Assisi, who never said "Preach the gospel at all times, use words if necessary."
The Gospel Coalition Women's Conference media is available. I've listened to Nancy Guthrie's workshop on word-based ministry for women and the panel discussion on training women to teach the word. Excellent so far.
Parents and Children: Don't Drop the Baton by Chris Brauns. "Christian parents: it’s not enough to learn a lesson in life. We need to leave a legacy with our children."
50 Shades of the Curse by Wendy Alsup at Practical Theology for Women. "After 3 waves of feminism, countless laws, and much education, there remain millions of women who'd run after the sulky vampire in their fantasies, choosing to suck blood for the rest of their lives rather than living in the light." A interesting look at why women gravitate towards books based on the lie that the love of a good woman can change a bad man.
I'm looking forward to listening to the rest of TGC conference events I haven't heard yet.
ReplyDeleteI have gotten in trouble more than once for stating how stupid and anti-gospel that quote really is regardless of its origin.
ReplyDeleteThank you Persis! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for these great links Persis.
ReplyDelete