Skip to main content

The Big Apple

 Update:  With pics thanks to my sister's USB cable.

We had a very full day in New York City.  We took the bus from NJ which brought us right into the middle of Manhattan.  After meeting my nephew, we enjoyed a yummy lunch in Korea town.  From there we went to the Empire State Building and viewed the city from the 86th floor.  The weather was very clear but a very windy 39 degrees.  It was fascinating looking out on the city, across the Hudson to NJ, and to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.  I did not look straight down.


We then walked down 5th Avenue to look at the department store windows which were decorated for Christmas.  The Macy's displays were my favorite.  When we reached Rockerfeller Center, the tree was lit, and the skaters were skating in the ice rink. We then walked to Times Square and saw the famous New Year's ball as well as the huge billboards.


I must admit that although the city is a fascinating place, I am definitely not a city gal.  I don't think I have been around so many people concentrated in one place in my life.  Manhattan is so dense that the population of 2 square miles would contain the same number of people in the entire city of Hampton.  

However, the highlight of our day was meeting our sister Christina.  There was just enough time for a hello and hug, but I'm so glad we could meet.

Shivering in the cold
 She gave us a vase of beautiful tulips which are sitting on the table in front of me.  After being in a sea of strangers all day, it was like meeting family for the first time.  My daughter said it was best part of the day, and I agree with her.  I wish we had more time together, and I pray that the Lord will give us another opportunity to fellowship face to face.


Comments

  1. What a wonderful gift, to meet a sister in Christ! Can't wait to see the pictures of your visit to the big city! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you all are there and having a great time. We really like the Big Apple. Missed you all at small group.
    Have a refreshing time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat! I'm not a city gal, either, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Big Apple once in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful, Persis! Thanks so much for sharing the details and the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful Persis-hope you continue to have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Persis, spending that little bit of time with you was the best part of my day, too! I'm so glad the tulips held up! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Persis! I am so excited for you! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time - and what a joy to see you and Christina together!

    Thanks for posting all these terrific pics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Civil and pertinent comments are appreciated. Trolling will be deleted. Thanks.