My "thankful Thursday" is late because I forgot it was Thursday in the busyness of life.
I'm thankful for safe driving today. We only had 1-2 inches before the snow switched to freezing rain, but it was no fun driving. We saw several fender benders while we were out. Thankfully the other drivers were crawling along, so we crawled along with them safely home.
I'm thankful for a quiet evening at home. We decided to forego the small group Christmas party because of the road conditions. I've been working more hours every day to catch up with my dictation, so it's nice to take a break this evening from the endless typing. Curling up on the couch on a chilly night with a good theology book (Joel Beeke's Living for God's Glory) seems like the ideal way to end a busy day.
Glad you made it home safe. I love snow as long as I don't have to drive in it!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I love the new blog look you have going on :)
Persis,
ReplyDeleteSo thankful for your safe drive home. As you know, we've enjoyed snow today, too. My Beloved travels almost 2 hours one way to work, and it was quite the dangerous drive home. We're so thankful for God's protection over him.
Your evening sounds wonderfully cozy! That's my kind of book. :)
Safety in treacherous winter driving conditions is nothing to take for granted. Glad you made it safely home to a cozy evening, Persis.
ReplyDeleteI'm always glad to arrive safely home after driving in ice and snow, and I'm glad you arrived safely too.
ReplyDeleteA quiet evening with a good book is one of my favorite things!