Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen, and called its name Ebenezer, for he said, "Till now the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12
2010 was a very full year. At the end of '09, there was a certain amount of trepidation not knowing what the coming year would hold. But there was no reason to fear. In each circumstance, I had another opportunity to trust God rather than resort to the fear and anxiety that had been my default. To testify to His faithfulness, here are a few of my Ebenezer's for 2010:
Our old house went on sale in January in a market with an 8-month glut of homes. God gave us a contract towards the end of March. This was without a doubt His kindness, because there are several homes in both our old and new neighborhoods that are still for sale. We found our new home in less than a week, moved in by the end of April, and are loving living here.
My last court date was in July. Even though the divorce was finalized in '09, financial issues were still disputed, which were settled at long last. My legal battles had been ongoing for 2 years, so this was a huge load off my shoulders. Since homeschooling was also under dispute, I felt that every single day was under scrutiny as to how much time was spent, the subjects that were covered, etc. Unfortunately, my daughter felt this pressure too. Thank God, we are now able to go on with our lives without feeling as though judges and lawyers are peering over our shoulders.
I finished my medical transcription course in August with a 98 average. Little did I know that I would need the rigorous training for the new doctor who would be starting in the practice, but the Lord did. He was faithful to provide more work and even prepare me for that provision.
We've been blessed Sunday after Sunday and week after week with fellowship in the body of Christ. I am so grateful God has led us to this church. I don't know where we would be without this group of saints.
So I'm looking forward to 2011. This will be a new year in many ways. I pray it will be fresh start, not just in having past issues settled, but in my devotion to the Lord and His word and perhaps a better focus for our homeschooling. (More on this later. I have so many thoughts on this that they need to be put in order.)
So may the Lord grant all of us a blessed New Year to love Him, His Word, His Church, and be made more fit for Christ's return!
Happy New Year!
2010 was a very full year. At the end of '09, there was a certain amount of trepidation not knowing what the coming year would hold. But there was no reason to fear. In each circumstance, I had another opportunity to trust God rather than resort to the fear and anxiety that had been my default. To testify to His faithfulness, here are a few of my Ebenezer's for 2010:
Our old house went on sale in January in a market with an 8-month glut of homes. God gave us a contract towards the end of March. This was without a doubt His kindness, because there are several homes in both our old and new neighborhoods that are still for sale. We found our new home in less than a week, moved in by the end of April, and are loving living here.
My last court date was in July. Even though the divorce was finalized in '09, financial issues were still disputed, which were settled at long last. My legal battles had been ongoing for 2 years, so this was a huge load off my shoulders. Since homeschooling was also under dispute, I felt that every single day was under scrutiny as to how much time was spent, the subjects that were covered, etc. Unfortunately, my daughter felt this pressure too. Thank God, we are now able to go on with our lives without feeling as though judges and lawyers are peering over our shoulders.
I finished my medical transcription course in August with a 98 average. Little did I know that I would need the rigorous training for the new doctor who would be starting in the practice, but the Lord did. He was faithful to provide more work and even prepare me for that provision.
We've been blessed Sunday after Sunday and week after week with fellowship in the body of Christ. I am so grateful God has led us to this church. I don't know where we would be without this group of saints.
So I'm looking forward to 2011. This will be a new year in many ways. I pray it will be fresh start, not just in having past issues settled, but in my devotion to the Lord and His word and perhaps a better focus for our homeschooling. (More on this later. I have so many thoughts on this that they need to be put in order.)
So may the Lord grant all of us a blessed New Year to love Him, His Word, His Church, and be made more fit for Christ's return!
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year, Persis.
ReplyDeleteI've very much enjoyed reading along this year. You are a great encouragement to me in my own struggles. Thank you.
Persis,
ReplyDeleteIsn't God so faithful and kind to give us Ebenezers? It's wonderful to read of His care of you this past year. May you and your daughter reflect more and more the image of our Savior in the coming year. Love and hugs!
May God bless you and continue to grow you and your daughter in all circumstances in the coming year, Persis.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I found your blog!
I thank God for His perfect care for you and your daughter. May your knowledge of Him and your love for Him overflow this coming year; and may your faith, courage, peace and joy flourish richly in the days and weeks to come!
ReplyDeleteSorrowing I shall be in spirit,
ReplyDeleteTill released from flesh and sin,
Yet from what I do inherit,
Here Thy praises I’ll begin;
Here I raise my Ebenezer;
Here by Thy great help I’ve come;
And I hope, by Thy good pleasure,
Safely to arrive at home.
Happy New Year my dear friend! Blessing God with you for His faithfulness!!!!
Love & blessings!
God bless you Persis in 2011. You have sure been through some things! I am praying we will meet sometime this year.
ReplyDeleteYou are one of the women who are such an encouragement to me to keep on blogging. Thank You!
Bless you Persis and Lydia! You two have been through so much, and our God has been faithful as ever to see you through it. Thank you for the privilege of sharing both trials and triumphs with us.
ReplyDeleteTruly, may 2011 be a year of great refreshment and revitalization for you both.
With much love!!
Many blessings to you in 2011. Thank you for sharing God's active hand in your life through 2010 :) I look forward to knowing you more in 2011. Be blessed, sister :)
ReplyDelete