Skip to main content

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for a safe trip home.  We unpacked and are settling back in.  Last year the trunk was filled with boxes of my dad's books that he no longer wanted.  This year we weren't as laden down on our return.  The bunnies weren't too sulky at being left home, the yard was not completely covered in leaves as I had thought, and we only found a few crickets who crept in during our absence for warmth.

Even though vacations are nice, I miss the regular routine and responsibility. A perpetual life of leisure would not be my cup of tea.  So I will finish my morning cup and begin a normal day.  Small group is  tonight, and it will be so nice to be with the brothers and sisters again.

As Dorothy said, "There's no place like home."

Comments

  1. Dorothy's right: there's no place like home! Glad you're home, safe and sound, Persis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're home safe and sound. Wow...if I was there with you, I'd be "home," too! :)

    I treasure the routine as well. Have a blessed time settling back in.

    I like your new background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Persis,
    You won the Nano writing contest? Wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this Dorothy says that too!

    Glad you are safely home, Persis.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Civil and pertinent comments are appreciated. Trolling will be deleted. Thanks.